Blueberry Custard Pie is a twist on the classic blueberry pie with a creamy custard filling and topped with a crunchy streusel.
What is great about this dessert is that it comes together fairly quickly and can really be a great dessert for any occasion and can be served warm or cold.Print
Blueberry Custard Filling
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 ½ cups of fresh blueberries
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, sugar, egg, flour, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Gently fold the blueberries into the custard mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie crust and then bake in the preheated 400-degree oven for 25 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the streusel topping. In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar and flour. Mix in the butter with a pastry cutter or just using your hands until crumbly. Mix in the chopped pecans.
- When the pie crust and blueberry custard filling has baked for 25 minutes, pull it out of the oven and sprinkle the streusel over the top of the pie. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until filling is set and topping is brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the pie sit for at least 30 minutes.
Keywords: Blueberry, Custard, Pie